Ingrown hair occurs when the hair grows under the skin and doesn’t surface, as it normally would. The condition is more likely to occur in areas that are shaved or waxed and may affect both men and women.
Ingrown hair is an esthetic problem more than a health problem. However, ingrown hair may lead to complications as well. Knowing the causes of ingrown hair can be helpful to be able to prevent this problem in the future.
People with dry skin, both men and women, are more exposed to getting ingrown hair. This is due to the fact that there will be a lot of dead skin cells, and these may often cover the pores, preventing the hair to surface. This problem may be solved with proper moisturizing of skin and frequent use of creams that will keep the skin hydrated. The entire body needs this treatment.
Coarse hair that grows in a curved hair follicle is a cause of ingrown hair. This problem cannot be prevented, but there are a few laser treatments that may influence the quality of the hair and make it softer.
Oil in the Hair Follicles
Oil gathering in the hair follicles may also cause ingrown hair. This problem may be caused by various factors:
- Hormonal problems
- Excessive production of skin oils
- Use of unsuitable moisturizing creams that make the skin oily
- Poor hygiene
Dead Skin Cells in Pores
If the dead skin cells are not removed on a regular basis, these may gather and clog up the pores, resulting in ingrown hair. Getting a gentle skin peeling solution and using it twice per week can solve this problem.
In some cases, the ingrown hair is an inherited condition. After the hair is removed (i.e. after shaving), the skin may tend to grow covering the pores and the hair follicles.
Certain Hair Removal Procedures
Certain hair removal procedures can cause ingrown hairs:
- Shaving, especially when using a blade that is too close to the skin
- Electric epilator
These methods remove the hair follicles fully or partially, but until the hair starts growing, dead skin cells can cover the pores. Also, using these techniques can irritate the skin, stimulating the accumulation of dead skin cells and the covering of the skin pores.
Ingrown Hair Removal
The ingrown hairs may be prevented by exfoliating the skin on a regular basis and before the hair removal. However, there are also other methods to remove hair including laser systems, electrolysis, or removal with tweezers or sterile needles.
Have you been holding back? Just waiting? Well wait no more! Get your Sculpsure Body Contouring treatment for only $167 per month with no interest*!
Call Ageless Splendor Perfect Skin at (614) 761-0333 to get started right away! You don’t want to wait because summer is coming quickly!
*Certain restrictions apply. See CareCredit details.
This fall, you can SMOOTH, LIFT and TIGHTEN with BTX-A, Voluma, Bellafill and our Non-Surgical Facelift! We have so many options here at Ageless Splendor that you can truly decide what is best for you!
With the upcoming holidays – NOW is the time to get started on looking your best for everyone’s favorite time of year!
Give us a call today! (614) 761-0333 or schedule now!
Thank goodness Ageless Splendor has Sculpsure! Give us a call for the best Body Contouring around! (614) 761-0333
Spring is in the air! If you have had a chance to step outside today, you will notice the warm temperatures, beautiful sunshine and the wind blowing through your hair. Oh how we love the warm weather!
Now is a great time to spring into action and see what facial fillers, our non-surgical facelift or SculpSure can do for you! Freshen up your look or get bikini ready with our 25 minute body contouring!
Dermal fillers can make a major difference when it comes to your overall appearance. Many women and men decide to seek dermal injections because it rejuvenates the face. The results are smoother, more voluminous skin. Have you been putting off facial fillers for one reason or another? The truth is if you want to look your best and fight lines and wrinkles, dermal fillers are typically one of the best ways to go about it. Dermal fillers offer excellent results without surgery, meaning you don’t have to take time off work to benefit.
To know if you should seek facial fillers, consider the following reasons people have decided to get them.
- Wrinkles: Over the course of your life, your skin will begin to wrinkle. That’s normal, and many people consider a few wrinkles “distinguishing.” However, it’s a problem if your wrinkles start sagging. That’s a sure sign that your facial tissue has deteriorated and that your skin could use a little rejuvenation.
- Smile Lines: There are a ton of benefits to smiling. Research shows that faking a smile can boost your mood and reduce your stress levels. Unfortunately, smiling a lot forces your facial muscles to perform a repetitive motion. Chances are that you have been wearing down some of your facial tissues with your frequent smiling. No need to worry or stop smiling though. Facial fillers can revitalize those tissues to restore volume to the lower face.
- Dark Circles: Although there can be many causes of dark circles under your eyes, facial filler is a proven solution for diminishing those circles and revitalizing your appearance. Ask about facial injections if you discover that your dark circles are caused by volume loss, thinning, or bulging.
- Acne Scars: Unfortunate as it is, sometimes acne doesn’t go away completely –even after a few years. The marks may not be highly noticeable, or they may be obvious scars. Either way, you can clear up that acne once and for all with facial filler injections.
- Thin Lips: If your lips have become thin or hardly noticeable, it can make you feel self-conscious. Boost your confidence with a simple facial filler injection that enhances the appearance of your lips.
Are Dermal Fillers right for you?
The best way to learn more about dermal fillers as well as your other options for non-surgical aesthetic procedures is to schedule a consultation at our practice. During your visit, we will be able to help you determine which options would be address your facial lines and wrinkles, leaving you looking years younger. For more information about dermal fillers and how they can help you look younger and more refreshed, be sure to contact Ageless Splendor today.